While some of us are planning a massive NYE to celebrate the end of this insane year, and the promise of a fresh start in 2021, some of us are all about January 1st, whether its finding the perfect hangover brunch, celebrating the new year in style, or catching up with friends.
Here’s a quick handy guide to what’s on, and what’s open for those looking for some fun in 2021.
There’s so much to love about Port Adelaide café and corner store The Banksia Tree, not least of which is their bold announcement that January 1 will be renamed ‘Bloody Mary Day’ this year. Priced at a very reasonable $30, which gets you one Bloody Mary and a fresh lobster roll from the Banksia Tree’s well-repped kitchen, the event will kick-off at 9am and continue until 2pm – perfect for those looking to make a day of it, or just continue the fun from the previous night!
Come spend New Year’s Day enjoying SA’s best food, wine and cocktails out on the lawns at the National Wine Centre. DJs will be playing disco and house vibes along with live vocalist and percussionist from 2pm – 9pm.
Previously held on a rooftop bar, the popularity of this annual gig has forced a move to the even more flash National Wine Centre on the corner of Botanic and Hackney Road.
The perfect setting to kick up your heels and feel all your favourite house and disco tunes deep in your soul, the event features a Tasting Plate from the awesome Wine Centre chefs and a complimentary beverage on arrival.
Set out on the lawn at the wine centre, there will be throw rugs to spread out on as you take in live vocal and percussive sets between DJs.
To get your ticket check out the Wines & Good Times New Years DAY Get Together Facebook Event page now.
UPDATE: Wines & Good Times have now sold out of food packages and now only have a limited amount of $50 + free drink tickets left. Venue has a fully stocked bar, gourmet foods and the option to buy full bottles of wines and champagnes.
Big night New Years Eve plans? Suburban Brew have got your recovery sorted! They’ll be open from midday till 6pm to ease you into 2021. Sam will be on the decks for the day, spinning disks so come on down, the beers will be pouring, the tunes will singing and lets get 2021 kicked off in style!
This list isn’t exhaustive, but should give you some easy options if you’re just looking to find what’s open, and where you can grab an easy meal or quiet bevvy on January 1st.
1918 Bistro & Grill
The Archer in North Adelaide
Belgian Beer Cafe
Cafe Komodo Prospect
The District, SkyCity
The Firm Gentleman’s Club
Ginza Miyako Japanese Restaurant opens from 6PM tonight
Hotel Metropolitan in Grote St.. DJ from 15:00.
La adelita Semaphore
La Taberna, Latina cuisine
Miss Viet Kitchen, Port Adelaide
The Organik Store & Cafe at Glenelg
Pepper & Corn in Blackwood
Phat Head Dumpling at Semaphore
Pirate Life Brewing Port Adelaide slinging beers and food all day (11am – 8pm)
Rasooi at Prospect
Red Rock Noodle Bar Semaphore
Rehn Bier micro brewery, Tanunda
The Robin Hood Norwood
Skara Greek Street food, Sempahore Road
The SPOT – Vietnamese Eatery in North Adelaide and CBD
The Strathmore Hotel
West Beach Surf Life Saving Club, with live acoustic music
The Wharf restaurant at Glenelg
Yankees Burger Bar Rundle Street
Did we miss anything? Let us know (keeping in mind we’re also trying to celebrate NYE too!) and we’ll see what we can do. [email protected]
- Colourful kids disco coming to FullartonThere’s a kids-only disco party coming up filled with music, fun, and games, and if you want your child to totally love you, you’ll get them a ticket!
- Glen Ewin to host epic Gin FestGlen Ewin is hosting Gin Fest, back after a 2020 hiatus, on June 13 with gin masterclasses, tastings & food trucks.
- Adelaide, prepare for an influx of Tequila cocktails on the sceneThe highly anticipated PATRÓN Perfectionists Cocktail Competition is back, which is great news for Tequila lovers in South Australia.
- German Film Festival announces full 2021 programThe 2021 programme boasts a spectacular selection of 30 films, the best and latest in German cinema, a number of which are screening for the first time outside Germany.
- MTX Group to set up SA base on back of Google’s Adelaide announcementMTX Group has announced it will establish its first ever service hub in Adelaide, creating around 500 jobs within the next three to five years.