Did you know that more than 2,000 young people on any given night in South Australia do not have a home? You could be forgiven for not knowing this alarming statistic because homelessness is often hidden from view, but an increasing number of young people are living in precarious accommodation, couch surfing or sleeping in cars with their family.
Now you have the opportunity to help these young people turn their lives around by buying a raffle ticket with proceeds going towards youth-specific transitional housing.
Leading SA not-for-profit organisation HYPA (Helping Young People Achieve) is selling raffle tickets in support of its #TwoFeet campaign – #TwoFeet helps young people overcome adversity and stand on their own two feet.
The top prize available is a brand new 2017 Holden Astra. Second prize is a trip for you and a friend to Vietnam voted the ‘number one travel spot’ in 2017 on TripAdvisor, where you’ll stay in one of the best five-star hotels in Ho Chi Minh City. Third prize is an opportunity for two people to experience the Barossa Valley at a whole new level – by enjoying a helicopter ride over the Barossa, followed by lunch at fine dining restaurant Lou Miranda. All these and even more great prizes are available for just $100 a ticket.
The proceeds of the raffle will go toward HYPA Housing, which is an affordable housing initiative for young people. HYPA Housing provides a pathway out of homelessness by creating a safe stable place for young people to build a life for themselves. HYPA strives to support young people to develop independent living skills, including budgeting and cooking along with securing and maintaining employment so that they can sustain their independence in the future.
HYPA CEO Paul Edginton says that this raffle is an opportunity for people to potentially win great prizes and at the same time help raise money for a great cause.
“We have been helping young people achieve in the face of disadvantage and adversity for six decades and this raffle is a really fun way of generating public support and fundraising for the important work we do.”
- $100 per raffle ticket
- 1st — 2017 Holden Astra
- 2nd — Vietnam holiday for 2, including 5 nights’ accommodation in a 5 star hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3rd — Barossa helicopter flight for two people, paired with a $100 lunch voucher for Lou Miranda Restaurant
- 4th — ‘Henry’ Numatic Vacuum cleaner
- 5th — 12 bottles of d’Arenberg 2012 Footbolt Shiraz
- 6th — $100 Endota Spa voucher
- Raffle drawn at the HYPA 2018 Gala Quiz Night, 10:30 pm
- Winners will be contacted via text and will be published in the Advertiser
- Proceeds go toward HYPA Housing Initiative
- Terms and Conditions apply
- Tickets purchased online hypa.net.au/raffle