Most of us are aware of the devastation that occurred in the Adelaide Hills recently, with fires still burning in some areas.
As the local and wider community band together to support and uphold those affected, we have come across another way you can help assist families and businesses across the Adelaide Hills — Crush Festival 2020.
Hear us out — once the community begins to get back on their feet, there will be a necessity to bring visitors back to the Adelaide Hills Wine Region and encourage customers to support local events and purchase Adelaide Hills Wines and other products.
If you head on over to the Crush website, you can find a list of businesses and wineries who will be involved with Crush Festival 2020.
By purchasing tickets to their events in advance, you can provide immediate and necessary funds that these businesses can use to support themselves until the events do roll around in January 24 to 26.
Local winery and cellar door, Pike & Joyce, have even launched a competition, where you can win a Crush weekend for two in their lovely hills location!
Jump in the draw and you could stand to win (from Friday 24 to Sunday 26):
- 2 nights accommodation in a spacious Studio Apartment by Haus, Hahndorf, breakfast included (Friday & Saturday night).
- 2 tickets to Chain of Ponds‘ ‘An Udderly Delightful Crush on Cheese & Wine’ (Friday night).
- Gin Tasting and Distillery Tour for 2 at Ambleside Distillers, Hahndorf (Saturday morning).
- Lunch for 2 at Comida, Hahndorf (Saturday).
- Food and Drinks package (including Crush Glassware) at Pike & Joyce’s ‘Chill on Top of the Hill’, including return transfers from Hahndorf with Hills Luxury Day Tours, and a take home 6 pack of Pike & Joyce Wines (Sunday).
The total prize package is valued at over $1,500. To go into the draw, like Pike & Joyce’s Facebook page, tag a friend in their Crush event, and join their mailing list here. Jump on it, the winner will be drawn on Friday January 17.
Want to secure your spot, rather than take your chances? Chill on Top of the Hill at Pike & Joyce takes place on Saturday and Sunday of the January long weekend, but get in early for the free event as spots fill up quickly.
Laze and Graze with a picnic box for two overlooking the vineyards, enjoying cool climate wines, Joyson Cider, and Pikes Beers. Dance to DJ Alex Augles on Saturday and Brad Lee Band on Sunday.