A woman will face court after allegedly stealing face masks from a hospital.
Police will allege on Tuesday 24 March, a woman attended the Port Pirie Hospital and stole 100 face masks which had provided to the public on a one for one basis.
Yesterday, (Thursday 2 April), police arrested the 46-year-old from Risdon Park and charged her with aggravated theft. She has been bailed to appear in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court at a later date.
Assault, theft and serious criminal trespass matters relating to the declaration under the Emergency Management Act are aggravated offences which carry harsher penalties.
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.