A woman will face court after allegedly stealing face masks from a hospital.
Police will allege on Tuesday 24 March, a woman attended the Port Pirie Hospital and stole 100 face masks which had provided to the public on a one for one basis.
Yesterday, (Thursday 2 April), police arrested the 46-year-old from Risdon Park and charged her with aggravated theft. She has been bailed to appear in the Port Pirie Magistrates Court at a later date.
Assault, theft and serious criminal trespass matters relating to the declaration under the Emergency Management Act are aggravated offences which carry harsher penalties.
- One new COVID-19 case for SA today, no public health riskToday’s case is a man in his 30s who recently returned from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since his arrival.
- South Australians may soon be able to travel to New ZealandThe Premier has written to New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern seeking “reciprocal rights” to South Australians wanting to travel to New Zealand.
- No new COVID-19 cases recorded in SA todayThere are eight active cases in SA, and 472 people have been cleared of COVID-19.
- SA opens border to New Zealand travellersThose who are travelling from NZ will now be able to enter SA with no requirement to quarantine for 14 days.
- SA’s active cases remain at eight with no new cases foundThere are eight active cases in SA and 472 people have been cleared of COVID-19. There have been four reported deaths from COVID-19. More than 517,500 tests have been undertaken.