A female student from Woodville High School tested positive for COVID-19 last night. An urgent warning has been issued from health officials for anyone who has been issued for anyone who attended the school at 11 Actil Avenue, St Clair, on Monday, November 23 to immediately self-isolate.
The self-isolation warning also applies to members of the girl’s household until further notice.
This morning, acting Chief Medial Officer Dr Michael Cusack announced authorities believed this case was linked to the Parafield cluster.
“We do believe the case is linked to the Parafield cluster… and does not represent wider transmission,” Dr Cusack told ABC Radio Adelaide. The link they’re looking at relates to the Woodville pizza bar, and contact tracers have been working overnight to establish the connection.
“We believe the student was at school on Monday when they were likely to be infectious,” he said. SA Health will also look into whether the student took public transport.
Health Minister Stephen Wade said “significant numbers’ of people would be going into isolation today.
We will update this information following this morning’s press release.
- Queensland border to open on SundayThose travelling from greater Brisbane will be able to enter SA without quarantine requirements.
- One new COVID-19 case linked to medi-hotelThere has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 591 cases notified in South Australia.
- No new COVID-19 cases, as NSW quarantines able to have cases reviewedPeople who entered SA from New South Wales, currently in quarantine, can apply for a review of their quarantine requirement on a case by case basis.
- SA and rural NSW border opensFrom midnight tonight, travellers from rural NSW entering SA can do so without quarantining, but will be required to get tested on days one, five and 12.
- Who will be getting the COVID vaccine in FebruaryThe most vulnerable to COVID-19’s effects and those with the highest risk of catching and spreading the virus will be the first to access the vaccine.