We coeliacs have lived in fear of heading to the supermarket only to see what we want have that awful “may contain gluten” warning on the back.
If only we could just pick something off the aisle knowing it’s safe for our delicate stomachs.
Well, Woolworths has majorly expanded their ‘Free From’ and ‘Macro Wholefoods Market’ ranges to cater to the growing number of Australians living with a dietary need.
Approximately 1 in 70 Australians are affected by Coeliac disease, and given that it’s Coeliac Awareness Week (March 13-20) new products have been added to the existing gluten-free alternatives range.
The new Woolworths Free From range includes:
- Woolworths Free From Gluten Waffle Cones and Arrowroot Biscuits* which can be found in the Health Food Aisle from late March.
- Woolworths Free From Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Cheesecake, Blueberry Muffins, Anzac Biscuits, Chocolate Cake and Apple Pie, all in-store now, found in the bakery department.
With 92% of Aussies taking at least one step in the past year towards living a healthier lifestyle, the extension of the Macro Wholefoods Market helps provide healthier options for customers. New products added to the Macro range include a variety of wholesome foods and healthier snacking options, vegetable powders as well as Macro Bean Burger Mix and Macro Organic Brewers Yeast Cookies.
The new products add to the existing Macro Wholefoods Market range, which spans from organic fresh produce to healthier snacks, incorporating wholesome ingredients with no artificial colours, flavours or sweeteners and no hydrogenated oils.
Woolworths Senior Nutritionist, Natalie Chong said; “Woolworths is committed to offering our customers great choice, including those with different dietary requirements, so we’re excited to be introducing a new range of products across our Macro Wholefoods and Free From range.
“Awareness of coeliac disease is growing so we are continuing to work towards expanding our Free From range across various areas of our store to meet the shopping needs of our customers.
“The new products in the Macro Wholefoods Market range are designed to give our customers more opportunities to make healthier choices. From delicious kids snack ball varieties, to vegetable powders, there’s something for everyone in the Macro range. We have also expanded our Macro Organics range to include versatile ingredients like coconut flour and coconut sugar.”
Might be worth heading to Woolworths for a coeliac feast.
- Escape Everything At This McLaren Vale Glamping Getaway
- Buffalo Wing Co. Bring Southern Fried Chicken To Adelaide’s West
- Is This Adelaide’s Most Underrated Wedding Venue
- Wild Nectre, New Cafe, Bar And Dining Space Opening Today
- This $30 Siren to Siren Drinks Package Has Just Made Game Day Even Better