Coming to Adelaide this Summer, Yolk Cafe, brought to you by Zac Mucklow, will be the new coffee and brunch hot spot situated minutes from the CBD.
This light and bright contemporary space located on bustling North-East Road, Yolk Cafe will enter the inner-east food scene as a strong competitor.
Mucklow knows a thing or two about coffee and is confident about differentiating Yolk Cafe from the many thriving and increasingly busy hospitality venues in Adelaide.
Ambitious, young and fun loving, Mucklow hopes to bring something “fresh to the inner-east suburbs, which seems to be missing a venue that offers a vibrant, yet relaxed atmosphere”.
With a focus on local SA produce, Yolk is adamant on working with local suppliers like McLaren Vale’s coffee roasters Dawn Patrol, making Yolk the ultimate destination for coffee lovers.
“Growing up in South Australia and working in local hospitality venues, I understand the importance of prioritising and sourcing local produce and want to make sure Yolk upholds this throughout its run,” says Mucklow.
The interior of the cafe will be modern with an industrial-edge surrounded by raw timber beams and naked concrete – this space will be open to natural light, highlighting its pastiche layout.
Designed by interior architect Simon Livingstone – the fit out of the cafe will include large table seatings, surrounded by high-top timber benches and stools to cater for small groups and singles. The curved timber bar with a marble bench top will serve as the heart of the cafe, with fresh greenery floating throughout.
Keeping it in the family, the cafe will be conveniently adjoining Class A Jewellers which has been in Zac’s family for over 60 years.
“The opportunity arose to collaborate in an unusual way right next to Class A, and whilst I get the opportunity to work alongside where the family business has operated for years, I can make my own mark in a different way, whilst letting my creativity flow” Says Zac Mucklow.
Mucklow is toying with the idea of opening up for dinner and functions but will begin trade for breakfast and lunch in mid January.
With a seating space of up to 100 people including their alfresco dining area, Yolk will create the perfect, versatile hang out spot conveniently parked just outside Adelaide City.
Yolk Cafe will be situated next to 40 North East Road, Walkerville SA 5081
- Cookbook Review: The 5-Minute Vegan Lunchbox, by Alexander HartCOOKBOOK: 52 fast, healthy vegan recipes that are creative and tasty enough to appeal to everyone, particularly given they are so quick and easy to prepare.
- Sip gin and brunch with this classic car event at Glen Ewin EstateIf you love classic cars, gin, or want a relaxing breakfast or lunch in the picturesque Adelaide Hills, we’ve found the perfect event for you!
- Mercato continues Italian tradition with passata-making eventsFamily, celebration and the joys of Italy come together in February as Mercato continues an Italian tradition and hosts its annual passata days.
- SA’s wine regions to be celebrated with year-long campaignIt brings a series of regional cellar door shows, wine making classes, hands-on experiences, music and food festivals, and gourmet events into a statewide cheers to all things wine.
- National Hot Sauce Day: Five Spicy Cocktail Recipes Guaranteed to Give You a KickHere’s five cocktail recipes guaranteed to put a spring in your step, along with important tips for combining spices with alcohol.