If you’re one of those people who loves to complain about hot cross buns being available too early, then keep on walking, nothing to see here.
But if maximising the amount of time you can get your hands on the delicious morsels is your jam, then we have news for you!
The buns have been available at Coles for a few days already (this writer may have already consumed an entire packet before the clock struck midnight on New Year’s).
Now Woolworths has followed suit, and this year they’ve seriously stepped things up a notch, releasing a limited edition HOT CROSS BUN ICE CREAM!
Available from January 2, the ice cream is made up of juicy raisins and a smooth hot cross bun flavour ripple, complete with fresh Aussie cream.
The buns themselves in all their glory are also hitting the shelves at Woolies from today. This year they have traditional hot cross buns, plus brioche style, fruitless, and choc chip flavours.
(And for those critics out there, Woolworths said that in January alone last year, they sold 10 million hot cross buns.)
- Fringe Review: Only Human
- Barossa Valley Heading To Port Adelaide For Wonderwalls Festival
- Fringe Interview: Ana Graham and Antonio Vega
- Our Top Ten Tips To Make The Most Of Adelaide Fringe This Festival Season
- Compelling New Drama Stateless to Premiere on ABC