It’s almost time to have your say on Adelaide City Council’s 2010-11 draft Annual Business Plan and Budget.
Public consultation on the 2010-11 draft Annual Business Plan and Budget starts tomorrow (Thursday 29 April). Learn more about Council’s plans for your neighbourhood by attending a public information session. All City users are invited to have their say.
Lord Mayor Michael Harbison said it is important for the whole community to take part in the public consultation which begins Thursday 29 April and runs until Wednesday 19 May.
“Now is the time for the public to have their say on the issues that are important to them. We want to hear feedback about Council’s proposed services, programs and projects for 2010-11.
“Adelaide City Council is committed to the growth and improvement of the City of Adelaide. We are offering a number of public information sessions to answer any questions the community has,” said the Lord Mayor.
Key priorities for 2010-2011 draft Annual Business Plan and Budget include:
- Continuing the drive for increased population in the central area of the City
- The progression of major public realm projects such as Victoria Square/Tarndanyangga and Victoria Park/Bakkabakkandi
- Creating an outstanding City of distinctive and exciting design complemented by heritage preservation
- Ensuring an accessible and connected City and developing all forms of transport including public transport, private vehicles, pedestrian and cycling
- Supporting the City’s creativity, recreation, cultural and artistic activity, and exciting events to promote a culturally vibrant City
- A commitment to a prosperous Capital City
- A strong focus on environmental sustainability
- Prudent financial management to ensure the financial sustainability of
- Centralisation of administrative functions to achieve efficiencies and
A summary brochure, the full draft Business Plan and Budget document, and feedback forms will be made available from Thursday 29 April in hard copy at the Adelaide City Council Customer Centre (25 Pirie Street). They will also be at each of the Council’s libraries and Community Centres, the Adelaide Aquatic Centre and North Adelaide Golf Course.
You can also have your say by visiting the Adelaide City Council’s website: www.adelaidecitycouncil.com/draftbudget
Public Information Sessions
|Thursday 6 May 2010||6:00pm – 7:30pm||Box Factory Community Centre, 59 Regent Street South, Adelaide|
|Monday 10 May 2010||10:30am – 12:00pm||North Adelaide Community Centre, rear of 176 Tynte Street, North Adelaide|
|Tuesday 11 May 2010||2:30pm – 4:00pm||South West Community Centre, 171 Sturt Street, Adelaide|
|Thursday 13 May 2010||5:30pm – 7:00pm||Meeting Hall, rear of 25 Pirie Street, Adelaide|
|Friday 7 May 2010||12:00pm – 2:00pm||Rundle Mall, James Place (opposite the Myer Centre)|
|Saturday 8 May 2010||9:00am – 11:00am||North Adelaide Village, 67 O’Connell Street, Adelaide|
|Friday 14 May 2010||12:00pm – 2:00pm||Adelaide Central Market (access from Gouger Street and Grote Street, Adelaide)|
Submissions close at 5:00pm on Wednesday, 19 May 2010. People will have the opportunity to discuss their written submissions at a public hearing at the Adelaide Town Hall on Tuesday 25 May at 5.30pm.