Adelaide Festival of Arts has partnered with Emirates Airline to offer two South Australian artists in the early stages of their career an opportunity to fly to an Emirates destination for a professional development experience.
Entrants must be students currently enrolled in a full-time practice of study in an arts environment in South Australia.
The two winners will be selected by a judging panel including representatives from Emirates Airline, Adelaide Festival of Arts and Arts SA.
Entries open today (Wed 4 March) and can be submitted via email:[email protected]
Entries should include:
• Artist biography including area of practice
• Links to previous work
• Selected destination
• Identified professional development opportunity
• Summary of desired outcomes
Winning applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated quality and innovation of work and future potential
• Demonstrated commitment to the arts and artistic practise
• Demonstrated professional development benefits of the proposed professional development opportunity
Two winning artists will receive:
• One (1x) return economy Emirates (Ex ADL) flight
• $1,500 spending money
• Invitations to 2016 Adelaide Festival of Arts events and may also be asked to write/speak about their experience.
Applications open: Wednesday 4 March 2015
Applications close: Monday 8 May 2015
Winners announced: Friday 29 May 2015
Travel period: Wednesday 1 July 2015 – Thursday 30 June 2016 (2 month notification period required)