Team Garmin-Australia has joined with AusCycling in announcing a new partnership as they join the 120 strong peloton racing in the 2021 Santos Festival of Cycling.
Led by World Tour star and INEOS Grenadiers rider, Richie Porte, Team Garmin-Australia will be joined by EF Education-NIPPO’s James Whelan and four time track world title holder, Sam Welsford, among others.
“The quality of both the men’s and women’s teams is testament to the passion each of these riders have for racing and starting the 2021 season at the Santos Festival of Cycling,” said Stuart O’Grady, Men’s Race Director.
“We’re really excited that Team Garmin-Australia have committed to racing at this year’s Santos Festival of Cycling and are looking forward to them bringing their experience and energy to the race.”
The six-member women’s outfit is highlighted by leader and triple world champion Annette Edmondson, with rising stars Maeve Plouffe, Georgia Baker and Trek Segafredo’s Lauretta Hanson.
“We are eager to showcase the quality of racing in Australia with both the men’s and women’s teams, but I’m particularly excited by the strength, skill and experience of the Women’s team,” said Kimberley Conte, Women’s Race Director.
“To bring in this quality of athlete and some of our future cycling stars is legacy to the Santos Tour Down Under.”
Team Garmin-Australia will join the teams lining up for the 2021 Santos Festival of Cycling with a field comprised of National Road Series, Continental and World Tour riders.
“The quality of teams and of the cyclists racing in this year’s event will really put Australian cycling on the map for passionate fans and cycling and sporting enthusiasts,” adds Event Manager, Ryan Healy.
“We are bringing some of the best WorldTour riders and of course the up-and-coming champions to race. Fans will have the opportunity to watch great racing, but to also watch our future champions in the making.”
Team Garmin-Australia’s participation will offer the race a dynamic element that incorporates riders from the World Tour stage, Commonwealth and Olympic Games and World Champion excellence. The combination of athletic prowess within Team Garmin-Australia is certainly a nod to the multi-faceted nature of the 2021 Santos Festival of Cycling.
Team Garmin-Australia: 2021 Santos Festival of Cycling
- Richie Porte – AUS
- Sam Welsford – AUS
- Kelland O’Brien – AUS
- Leigh Howard – AUS
- Luke Plapp – AUS
- Alex Porter – AUS
- James Whelan – AUS
- Maeve Plouffe – AUS
- Annette Edmonson – AUS
- Georgia Baker – AUS
- Ashlee Ankudinoff – AUS
- Sarah Gigante – AUS
- Lauretta Hanson – AUS
- Celebrate Gluttony’s 10th Birthday at Fringe!In 2021, Gluttony has curated a program with over 100 shows across 12 venues in Rymill Park/Murlawirrapurka.
- Enjoy Payneham Poolside party this Australia DayPoolside event will feature classic Australian tunes, a sausage sizzle, giant inflatable pool toys and fun for all the family.
- Sparkke at the Whitmore to hold “26 January At Our Place”26 January At Our Place will showcase a photographic exhibition of 13 portraits celebrating Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
- Feast Festival Review: Lori Bell – Pregnancy and PurgatoryAfter some minor COVID-19 related delays, award winning Adelaide comedian Lori Bell hit the stage of Diverse-City for her Feast Festival showing of Pregnancy and Purgatory.
- Tour around Adelaide in style in the sidecar of a motorcycleThe tours are for one or two people, with one person slotted in the sidecar and the other on the back of the bike, and the tours can be tailored to individual interests.