The hotel, on the prominent corner of Osmond Terrace and Magill Road, Norwood, has undergone a major redevelopment to transform into a brand new offering with many features not seen before in Adelaide.
REPUBLIC has been built around the philosophy of quality, comfort and heart – with every decision made, from the architecture and interiors to the food and wine, staying true to this philosophy.
REPUBLIC General Manager Nathan Lawrence said offered an exciting new venue for those looking for something a little different.
“We want to break the mould of what people expect of a suburban pub. We are constantly challenging ourselves to be outside of the norm, but with good reason and not simply for the sake of it,” Nathan said.
“We are far from sport and schnitzels. We want to provide an environment that promotes and encourages good company and good conversation, which is strongly influenced by the surrounds, the food, the drinks and the music and entertainment. It has all been carefully designed with this in mind.”
Heading the charge of the new REPUBLIC’s food offering is Chef Bradd Johns, who brings his Michelin star restaurant experience gained over 20 plus years across Australia and overseas, to the new hotel.
With Bradd’s simple but well proven measure of “Does it taste good?” he will deliver an ever evolving menu that will change to reflect the seasonal produce available, with an emphasis on SA products.
“Food can get a little too serious; it should be accessible and fun. The menu has been designed to be wholesome and real, with the hero being the charcoal rotisserie and its mouth watering spit roasts,” Bradd said.
“The rotisserie – and our menu as a whole – fits with our philosophy around sharing food over good conversation. We’ll offer lots of options of share plates and a banquet for those who prefer to have a taste of everything to avoid food envy.”
The food at REPUBLIC will compliment the carefully crafted wine, beer, cider and cocktail menus made up of boutique wineries and featuring newer styles.
Breakfast on the weekends will include a range of fresh seasonal fruit juices and smoothies, together with all day dining, including a bar menu until late.
Designed by Brisbane-based KP Architects, the concept was to create a modern beer drinking hall atmosphere with an iconic palette and finishes reflective of staple elements found in a traditional beer hall – solid timber, wrought iron and bottle green.
The other key features of the REPUBLIC include:
- Large vertical garden made up of hundreds of plants on the outside of the dining area wall – the first of its kind in a hotel in Adelaide
- Beer garden featuring a retractable roof which automatically activates at the first drop of rain, ensuring an all year round space
- Three giant hanging planter boxes in the beer garden
- Bar featuring handmade glazed ceramic tiles that spans both inside and outside to the beer garden area
- Stunning pressed metal ceiling painted heritage green to pay homage to the iconic green of beer bottles
- Eclectic mix of furniture throughout
- Exposed red brick to compliment the heritage features
- Several function areas accommodating both corporate and private events
- Dining area with a combination of long tables and regular sized tables, feature fire place and specially designed cloud wallpaper on the ceiling
- Secret room off the beer garden