For those in the know, the Libertine by Louis on Magill Road, is a great, dog-friendly cafe, that’s also a stellar option for brunch, any day of the week.
Their courtyard around the back of the cafe is enclosed, and perfect for dates with your fur baby, and possibly even a friend or two.
And now with the launch of their brand new, extensive menu for dogs, we’ve got yet another reason to head along.
Georgie from the cafe is an animal nutritional specialist by trade and still works in the field one day a week, so the menu she’s created is more than just the usual ‘dog junk food’ that you see from time to time.
Asked why the menu was launched, Georgie says “We have always been dog friendly, and the whole team are dog lovers, so it just comes naturally to us.”
Here’s a run down of what’s on offer (but don’t get jealous as there’s plenty of delicious human food too).
Dogs are the best kind of people…
1. Kangaroo straps with turmeric, sweet potato & parsley
2. Superfood biscuits for four legged humans only!
Calming – ginger, chamomile, hemp seed oil, vitamin B, L-tryptophan;
Digestion – hemp seed oil, charcoal and probiotics;
Skin & Coat – hemp seed oil, EPA, DHA and sunflower oil;
Hip & Joint – Hemp seed oil, clucosamine, chondroitin & tumeric.
3. Ears are ignoring you – vegetable protein poured into a pigs ear mould.
4. Jerky *beef or *roo – all natural, no added preservatives or colours. Australian made.
5. Dental treats – little dogs – apple & green tea dental stick; big dogs – strawberry & mint dental stick.
6. Billie & Margot frozen dessert – strawberry & apple.
7. Pupacinos – beef or chicken, made with gluten free, salt reduced, all natural stock.
8. Custard tarts.
And as the icing on the dog cake is that THEY THROW DOG BIRTHDAY PARTIES.
So start writing your list of your best pooch friends, and get ready for the ultimate Instagram moment for the whole family. The birthday pooch gets to celebrate with a dog birthday cake, and a special birthday surprise.
The Libertine by Louise is open 7 days from 8:30am to 3:30pm at 137 Magill Road, Stepney.