Well established as one of Adelaide’s favourite dining destinations through its restaurant Gather at Coriole, the much-loved McLaren Vale winery has added a new, even more relaxed outdoor space just in time for summer.
The Arbour Bar is in a beautifully shady spot on the western side of the winery property, perfect for when you want to enjoy a leisurely afternoon in McLaren Vale, but don’t want to commit to a full meal.
Offering tasting plates of the same delicious, seasonally harvested local produce as the restaurant, rest assured that the food still comes from the same kitchen overseen by celebrated Gather at Coriole head chef Tom Tilbury.
For anyone who doesn’t know, Tom prides himself on sourcing local, ethically harvested and sustainable produce, and as a local product of the region himself, has developed great relationships with the McLaren Vale’s farmers. In short, you can still expect an exquisite plate of modern Australian cuisine, the perfect accompaniment to any of Coriole’s award-winning wines. Beer, cider and non-alcoholic options are also available.
Open 7 days a week from December 27 through til January 10 and then on weekends only after that, the Arbour Bar is for walk-in’s only, so you won’t need to book — unless of course you fancy it for a large group, and then you should get in touch.
As usual, during December and January, 7-day dining is on at the restaurant, and Coriole has gift vouchers available until December 23. The Ironstone Cellar Door is still open 11am – 5pm 7 days a week (closed Christmas Day) with a requirement to pre-book for groups of 8 or more. Tastings also attract a $15pp tasting fee, which is waived on purchase.
- Google establish Adelaide base at Lot FourteenExciting news! Google has its sights set on Adelaide for their next Australian office.
- Big Shed offering new 1kg schnitzel pizza as part of now-monthly specialBig Shed Brewing’s popular massive chicken schnitzel pizzas––dubbed “schnizzas”–– weigh in at 1kg, and they’ll now be on offer once every month.
- Coffylosophy crew opening brunch spot with focus on native ingredientsThe success of Coffylosophy has inspired husband and wife team Neha Chaudhary and Harsh Mehta to open up a second store and it sounds incredible.
- Adelaide Racing Carnival is back this May with a stellar event lineupRacing season is upon us, so get ready to enjoy the Adelaide Racing Carnival with three action-packed events filled with fashion and, of course, racing!
- Adelaide’s Next Door & Prohibition Liquor Co. team up for cocktail masterclassLearn first-hand from the experienced teams from both venues how to make two bespoke gin cocktails.