Family owned and operated tour company, Exceptional Kangaroo Island (EKI), have just launched their latest venture – Kangaroo Island E-Bikes.
The exciting new way to explore the beauty of Kangaroo Island allows visitors to enjoy a diverse five-hour, fully guided experience
The tour includes use of high-spec electric bikes, helmets, high-vis safety vests, an elegant lunch in the bush and tastings at a local winery and gin distillery.
Craig Wickham, managing director of EKI, is confident this product is right for domestic travellers as well as International visitors when borders re-open.
“The stimulus for our Kangaroo Island cycle experience was time spent cycling in Belgium a few years ago. The dual impact of bushfires and Covid provided a pause what has given us time to plan the an interesting and engaging circuit through the Cygnet Valley. Post-Covid, this is the perfect experience: open space, sustainability, a solid conservation story in Cygnet Park and local produce are all elements which meet the needs of the domestic Australian traveller” said Craig.
EKI has a long history in showcasing the best of Kangaroo Island. They were the original luxury and small group tour operator, beginning in 1986, with marine adventures before Craig purchased the business in 1990 and focused on land-based experiences.”We can’t wait to introduce Australians to some of the lifestyle elements that we are lucky to enjoy as part of our everyday life.” Craig concluded.
Highlights of the itinerary include:
- Traverse the Cygnet River valley with private property access, open pastures and meandering trails
- Learn about the Cygnet Park private conservation initiative, which includes Glossy Black- Cockatoo habitat restoration
- Regular wild encounters include koalas, kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and a range of birdlife
- Enjoy an elegant al fresco lunch at a private bush camp
- Wine tasting at The Islander Estate Vineyards tasting room
- Gin tasting at Kangaroo Island SpiritsThis tour adds to EKI!s extensive range of small group and private 4WD options, which cover food & wine, wildlife, history, art, landscapes, conservation and more.
This tour is in addition to the core small group and private 4WD touring programme Exceptional Kangaroo Island already offer.
The 4WD tours have been gaining traction with South Australians really wanting to understand Kangaroo Island on a deeper level.
Exceptional Kangaroo Island tours offer a behind-the-scenes experience of the island and have incredible stories to share.
Their Flinders Chase Focus tour now has a significant element of fire ecology and recovery which is a really positive story after the tough summer the island had.
Exceptional Kangaroo Island hopes to be able to offer self-hire in the future but currently do not have the facilities to offer this.