Now we’re firmly in the depths of some seriously chilly winter weather, many of us are looking for new ways to spice up our cooking with some healthy alternatives that will still warm up our winter evenings.
Masterchef winner Sashi Cheliah, who owns a number of delicious Adelaide venues, is teaching you how to create some Masterchef-trophy worthy mealtime magic at home, using his Secret Nasi Goreng meal kit.
Sashi’s range of home meal kits have been flying off Woolies shelves since 2019, and include a range of meal options such as Malaysian chicken curry, and Singaporean chilli prawn that are currently on sale for $4.50.
1 x Sashi’s Secret Nasi Goreng meal kit
400g fresh uncooked prawns
1 x fresh chilli (optional)
2 tbsp of cooking oil
8 iceberg lettuce leaves, whole and washed, to serve
Bean sprouts, to taste
1 large carrot, julienned
Egg roll (optional)
Fresh coriander (optional) to taste
Chilli (optional) to taste
- Open the top of the microwaveable rice pack and heat in the microwave for 60 seconds
- Heat a large frying pan on medium to high heat with the cooking oil
- Add prawns and cook for 2 to 3 minutes
- Add the warmed up rice along with Sashi’s Special Curry Paste and stir to mix through
- Turn up the heat to high and cook for 1 minute, stirring continuously
- To serve, scoop the rice into whole iceberg lettuce leaves
- Top with bean sprout, carrot, egg roll, coriander and chilli for a fragrant, spicy hit
- Wrap the lettuce leaf to encase the nasi filling and enjoy!
Find out more about Sashi’s range of easy home meal kits here.
Purchase your Sashi’s Secret home meal kit here.