South Australian Premier Steven Marshall has provided an update on the state’s COVID-19 situation.
Increase In Recovery
120 of South Australia’s 415 COVID-19 cases have recovered, with more people recovering than being infected.
Regardless, this not the time to be complacent, with the Premier urging South Australians to remain at home.
Free Flu Shot For Eligible
South Australians eligible for a free influenza vaccine through the National Immunisation Program are being encouraged to immediately contact their immunisation provider to book in for a flu shot.
Premier Steven Marshall said 233,000 doses of the vaccine have been distributed to immunisation providers in the first two weeks of the rollout which will bolster the State Government’s strong plan to minimise the health impacts of the coronavirus pandemic on South Australians.
“This year more than any other it is very important that vulnerable South Australians take advantage of the free flu vaccination this year,” said Premier Steven Marshall.
“In another critical component of the State Government’s strong plan to control the coronavirus pandemic, frontline SA Health workers will again be eligible for a free flu vaccination this year.
“We need to do everything possible to protect our frontline health workers who are putting themselves at risk to care for us all.”
Through the National Immunisation Program (NIP), free flu vaccines are available for everyone aged over 65, pregnant women, all children aged six months to less than five years of age, all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged over six months and people with medical conditions that predispose them to complications from the flu.
Adults and children who are homeless and are not eligible for free flu vaccines under the NIP, are now eligible to receive influenza vaccines for free under the new State Funded Influenza Program.
As of 6 April, there have been 1,447 cases of the flu notified to the Communicable Disease and Control Branch this year, compared to 4,533 at the same time last year.
Stay Home This Easter
There should be no excessive travel into regional areas and it is critical that social distancing is continued.
More to come.
- New COVID-19 Case In South Australia FoundThe woman had been quarantining in Victoria but was given an exemption to travel into South Australia for “compelling” family reasons.
- Stage Two Brought Forward & Further Restrictions Eased In Sport, Dining, FuneralsAs a result of the consistent testing rates over the past few weeks, stage two has been once again brought forward to Monday 1 June.
- Prime Minister Reveals New ‘JobMaker’ Plan For AustraliaThe JobMaker plan comprises a series of principles, as outlined by the Prime Minster in today’s announcement.
- Seasonal Jobs Ripe For The Picking For Job SeekersWhether it is fruit-picking, grape-harvesting, vine-pruning, tree-planting or vegetable-packing, there’s a range of agricultural jobs on offer.
- Major Changes Made To Dine-In Restrictions After Mass Confusion Regarding LicencingGiven the Premier’s recent announcement, any establishment with dining capabilities will now be able to open indoor and outdoor service.