Sparkke at the Whitmore has appointed new Head Chef Kane Boase to its award-winning brewpub. Kane joined the restaurant – which was awarded ‘Best New Restaurant’ in South Australia’s 2019 Delicious Hottest 100 – on Wednesday 20 January.
With 20 years in the industry, Kane brings extensive experience from a range of Adelaide’s most prestigious eateries, including Botanic Gardens Restaurant, Fino Seppeltsfield, and 2KW.
The Sparkke Change Beverage Company – a female-founded and led social enterprise in the male dominated hospitality industry, aims to mentor and develop women in leadership roles with Kane an integral part of the search for a new female executive chef for the company.
Kane said, “I really see my role as one of caretaker and mentor and we will be recruiting female chefs with the drive and ambition to become executive chefs within the Sparkke pub group, remember Sparkke will be opening the Vine in Collingwood in 2022!”.
Kane has a passion for premium ingredients sourced from small local producers. Kane has a nose-to-tail, paddock-to-plate approach that supports carbon footprint reduction. This aligns with Sparkke’s values as one of the world’s first for-purpose alcohol companies known for sustainability
Having grown up on a farm in the Flinders Ranges, Kane has the lifelong farmer’s perspective of the value the grower brings to the dishes that ultimately make it to the customer’s table.
He now assists his wife on their family farm in the Barossa, producing award-winning sheep dairy.
Kane said, “As a chef, I now work to build knowledge in the next generation of cooks regarding produce sources and the importance of the nose-to-tail and sew-to-reap of meat and plant-based foods”.
“I’m excited to join the Sparkke at the Whitmore team and continue their commitment to delicious clean food that brings people together.”
“I am really looking forward to using their incredible brews in our signature dishes going forward.”
Sparkke Co-Founder, Kari Allen, said, “We look forward to welcoming Kane to Sparkke at the Whitmore, and the new era of excellence that his experience brings to our venue, he has worked in some of the finest restaurants in Australia.”
Sparkke at the Whitmore is located at 317 Morphett St, Adelaide
- Fringe Review: Simon Taylor – The Best of Everything He’s Ever Done EverYou may know Simon as the comedic writer for the Tonight Show with Jay Leno, or Shaun Micacallef’s Mad as Hell.
- Fringe Review: Women Like UsEllen Briggs and Mandy Nolan come from a country town, they are wives and mothers with a down-to-earth sense of humour and a common-sense perspective on life.
- Festival Review: Small Metal ObjectsIt’s street theatre, but not as we know it, where the performers are in the crowd and the audiece is being looked at.
- Fringe Review: RougeRouge, the award-winning circus for adults, returns to the Adelaide Fringe with a dazzling, gasp-inducing celebration of sexuality.
- Eat your way through Europe at Brighton’s new market on SundayHosted by City of Holdfast Bay and the minds behind Adelaide Central Market stall Les Deux Coqs, Rendez-vous Market will have European food, art, and music.