Sparkke at the Whitmore has appointed new Head Chef Kane Boase to its award-winning brewpub. Kane joined the restaurant – which was awarded ‘Best New Restaurant’ in South Australia’s 2019 Delicious Hottest 100 – on Wednesday 20 January.
With 20 years in the industry, Kane brings extensive experience from a range of Adelaide’s most prestigious eateries, including Botanic Gardens Restaurant, Fino Seppeltsfield, and 2KW.
The Sparkke Change Beverage Company – a female-founded and led social enterprise in the male dominated hospitality industry, aims to mentor and develop women in leadership roles with Kane an integral part of the search for a new female executive chef for the company.
Kane said, “I really see my role as one of caretaker and mentor and we will be recruiting female chefs with the drive and ambition to become executive chefs within the Sparkke pub group, remember Sparkke will be opening the Vine in Collingwood in 2022!”.
Kane has a passion for premium ingredients sourced from small local producers. Kane has a nose-to-tail, paddock-to-plate approach that supports carbon footprint reduction. This aligns with Sparkke’s values as one of the world’s first for-purpose alcohol companies known for sustainability
Having grown up on a farm in the Flinders Ranges, Kane has the lifelong farmer’s perspective of the value the grower brings to the dishes that ultimately make it to the customer’s table.
He now assists his wife on their family farm in the Barossa, producing award-winning sheep dairy.
Kane said, “As a chef, I now work to build knowledge in the next generation of cooks regarding produce sources and the importance of the nose-to-tail and sew-to-reap of meat and plant-based foods”.
“I’m excited to join the Sparkke at the Whitmore team and continue their commitment to delicious clean food that brings people together.”
“I am really looking forward to using their incredible brews in our signature dishes going forward.”
Sparkke Co-Founder, Kari Allen, said, “We look forward to welcoming Kane to Sparkke at the Whitmore, and the new era of excellence that his experience brings to our venue, he has worked in some of the finest restaurants in Australia.”
Sparkke at the Whitmore is located at 317 Morphett St, Adelaide
- Dua Lipa Australian tour with Adelaide dates announcedThe tour will be her first Australian performance since Sydney’s Mardi Gras last year.
- Adelaide’s Rising Sun receives Emmy nomination for The BoysWith post production for the series in South Australia, further funding continues to drive the film industry forward.
- Barossa Valley Wine Show 2021 winners announcedAs if we needed an excuse to celebrate amazing South Australian wines. The results of the Barossa Valley Show are in.
- FIRST LOOK: Poonawatta’s new cellar door is now openLocated in the Eden Valley region, Poonawatta’s new cellar door welcomes visitors to taste their wines and graze on fresh platters from local produce.
- The epic SA destinations, which made Australia’s top 100 Unique Stays listPick your next getaway from some of the best unique stays in SA.