It’s official – Australians are excitedly gearing up to support Guy Sebastian in the Eurovision Song Contest this weekend. With Australia participating in the competition for the first time ever, eBay Australia can reveal Aussies have been purchasing truckloads of props and memorabilia to make it a night to remember and make sure the party guests are just as spectacular as the show itself.
eBay Australia data shows that it’s all about celebrating Eurovision style this weekend with Guy Sebastian singalongs, glitter, disco balls and big, big hair. If you’re heading to a party this weekend (like the massive free event in the city) prepare for your eyes and ears to be dazzled:
- The nation’s hopes are pinned on Guy Sebastian and we’ve been showing our support with Guy Sebastian Memorabilia increasing a huge 95%
- It’s a well-known fact that you can’t have a Eurovision party without glitter make-up and the Eurovision fiends have been snapping it up early with sales rising by 65%
- All the talk of the world famous singing competition has us inspired with karaoke machine sales increasing by 57%
- Disco balls always provide the right amount of sparkle and Aussies are buying up big with sales rising an impressive 60%
- The outfits and hair styles on display always have people talking and we’re not ones to be upstaged at our own party – party wig sales have grown by 40%
For all the TV screening details, check out the SBS website here.