To celebrate the theme of the day, Irish Passport holders will receive free entry to Morphettville on Saturday, upon presentation of the photo ID page in their Irish passports.
In addition to all of the racing action, there will be plenty of excitement happening trackside, with live entertainment from Irish Band The Shambolics, and the running of the Guinness Gallop, whereby six lucky contestants will compete in a short foot race around the Mounting Yard whilst holding a cup of Guinness.The first contestant to cross the finish line with more than 200ml of Guinness still remaining in their cup, will be declared the winner and receive 3 cartons of Guinness.
Prizes will also be awarded for the second and third place getters. Entry into the Guinness Gallop is only via the Club’s Facebook Page @sajcmorphettville and entries close at midday on Thursday 28th August. The winners will be drawn at random and announced on the SAJC Facebook page at 1pm on Thursday. The six winners chosen will also receive a double GA ticket to Irish Race Day.
- When: Saturday 30 August 2014 – Gates open at 10:30am
- Where: Morphettville Racecourse – Morphett Road, Morphettville SA
- Admission: General Admission Tickets: $15, Commonwealth Concession & DVA: $7, Children under 18: Free Limited Tickets remain for the Taste of Guinness package – for $25 the ticket includes entry into the racecourse, a pint of Guinness, Irish Pie, capture memories of the day in the photo booth and live entertainment.
Other Key Features:
- Free entry for the Irish patrons: upon presentation of the photo ID page in their Irish Passports.
- The Shambolics: performing live from 12pm.
- The Guinness Gallop will be held in the Mounting Yard between Race 3 and 4 at approximately 1.55pm.
- For more information, and to book online, go to: www.sajc.com.au